Sunday 5 December 2010

How I $pend My Time

O dear, I just love puns. You get five points if you can correctly identify how many I put in the title.

This post goes out to all my fellow engineers, who share my love for excel.

Now that I have done a considerable amount of traveling, and my habit of making excel sheets to keep track of data (you know what I mean), I have decided to share my travel graphs.

I’ve kept track of the time that I spend on different forms of transportation: trains, buses, boats, and planes during my trips.

And here are some nice figures showing that data, Enjoy!

*The following data only contains time of travel, it doesn’t include waiting time, which is considerable. For example, my plane was cancelled once and the next one was a 2 hour bus ride and 6 hours in a different airport away.

The bar graphs gives you a nice overview of how much time I've spent in transit.

I put in a pie chart cause really, who doesn't like a pie chart, even though they are stupid because they are qualitative. Is the blue one bigger than the green one? Is the yellow one half the red one? The bar graph knows!

This one is my favorite. It shows how much travelling I have done and when, but also how my travel mode habits have changed. While its not exactly what I wanted, its pretty close.

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment