Sunday 11 July 2010

Tupperware Gaurantees and: "Norway, Return of the Jet Lag"

This is a quick post before I make my trip to Stockholm, I am really excited to take the night train, cause it saves me 2 nights of paying for accomodation, and I get to... sleep on a train!!

So here is a piece of tupperware I found in my place.


Now, don't get me wrong, guarantees are alright, but 30 years?! For tupperware? Come on, who do you acutally think will call out that guarantee 30 years from now? Considering that that label is about to come off, and this container is a couple years old, max, and there is no brand on it, if the label comes off then you don't even know what brand it is. How would that conversation go, "Um Hi, tupperware supplier, I, uh, I found this tupperware in my parent's attic, the lid dosen't fit anymore, and uh its kinda stained, and half decomposed, could you replace it?" Phone response, "Sure, as you know, we have the longest guarantee in the universe for tupperware, all we need is you to mail us the tupperware, complete with the crappy label that was on it at the time of purchase, and the original receipt, signed and dated at the time of purchase." Guy on the phone, "Uh, yah, well as you can imagine, I don't have those, and the shipping is more than the cost of a new tupperware, so I'll just go to walmart..." So if anyone has some spare time at work, you could call up rubbermaid and ask how many people actual use that guarantee approaching 30 years...

I'm pretty happy about the title, I think its witty, I hope you get it. So we all know that Empire was bad, and no one really expected it to come back after Luke distroyed the first Death Star. But, Vadar did get away and Mr. Lucas wanted more money, and we know what happened. Now why does this matter, well Jet Lag is evil, like the Dark Side, a distabilizing force of distruction. Here's my story.

So I was pretty tired when I first got here, and for a couple days was kinda out of it, like I said before, you don't realize how bad jet lag is until you don't have it. And I did a lot of important things in the zombie state I was in. One of them was getting my student smart card so I can scan into all of the buildings and such (foreshadowing..). Right after taking my awesome photo, I had to do a very important step. Now for a couple of weeks, I wasn't able to use my smart card, and I couldn't figure out why, and it was becoming more and more frustrating. I couldn't get into my lab, get into the building (which closes at 3), get into the metallography lab, use the library, etc. This resulted in me being trapped outside for an extended period of time, waiting for someone to open the door... All the while, thinking of why it wouldn't work.

So after asking many people what to do, with no solution, I went back to the card office. Upon entering the office and approaching the desk, I see it. Its the little keypad that I put in my pin code for my card so it would work! Ya, there was nothing wrong with my card, I just wasn't using it right. That evil jet lag prevented me from remembering that I set up a pin for my card. Its not like I just forgot, I saw other people use their card to let me into places, entering their pin and going, "hmm they have a code, I don't..." It just wasn't in my memory. My Luke Skywaker(with the robot arm) was that pinpad. I didn't even need to speak to anyone, I just face-palmed and returned to my office.

Whew, glad that's over.

Now here's some photos I wanna share.

A sunset at 10:00pm by my place.

For some reason this rusty pully was in the middle of that parking lot at student residence, and made for a cool picture.

These are a pair of locks that were on a fence outside of Oslo Gardemon (the airport) by my bus stop. Again, kinda weird but a cool picture.

And finally...


Evil, evil three pronged forks!! These were promptly thrown into the metal recycle bin outside my house, gross!

//Guess this post isn't so short after all...

3 comments:

  1. GOOD STORY

    I hope you got the reference on that one.

    Have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your still upset about my email I think...

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving the fork pictures! Also when I went to Australia im pretty sure i had jet lag for about a month... and when you consider that i was only there for 3 weeks thats pretty long haha.

    ReplyDelete