Tuesday 1 June 2010

Hike up Skistua

Jet lag aside, I did manage to spend a day hiking. Just out side Trondheim is a 'mountain' with a ski hill on one side, and wilderness on the other. I decided to hike up the wilderness side to the top, where there are some radio domes.

In Norway (and lots of Europe I believe), they have this "everyman's land" belief, which allows anyone to camp wherever they like for free, as long as its not in someones back yard. So while walking up the mountain I found a couple old camps.
Here's one!

Just a reminder of how high the latitude is, they still got snow. (but its not snowing here, unlike somewhere...)
Near the top, taking a break

Almost at radio domes

A cool thing about being in here is that almost everywhere you go, there is evidence of the wars, from really thick concrete walls or disguises on some of the buildings, to this bunker I found on the top of the mountain, overlooking the fjord.
Bunker

The landscape is really cool, there are all the fjords and mountains mixed, with little towns and farms everywhere.
View from the top

I found a lake on the way down the other side.


There are also cabins all around the Trondheim area which you can get keys for and hike to(for really cheap I'm told), they are stocked with things you need like would and beds, not sure about food. Anyways, I have no idea they would be as nice as they are until I came across a few...

This one was really hidden, there was no path to it, you had to climb up this rocky slope to get to it, I have no idea how they built it...

And that takes me up until about now, other than this trip, I've been spending way to much time getting cards, papers, filling out forms and other things that I need to do in order to stay here legally.

No comments:

Post a Comment