Monday 21 June 2010

Trollstigen and Trollveggen, bring on the Trolls!

I took the weekend to go to see some great Norwegian Fjords, and man was I not disappointed.

I took the train (on Friday), which is awesome just in itself, but Norwegian trains are awesome, they are comfy, quiet, and you can walk around, buy six dollar coffee, and sit in the little restaurant car!


The rain was intense on the way there, not really encouraging, but it turned out to be a good thing because the waterfalls were intense!



Saturday rain was ridiculous, I got soaked on Friday on the 30min walk to the hostel from

the train station, and it hadn't stopped raining all night.

The only option was to take the bus to Trollstigen, or 'Troll stair'.


The 'less steep' part of the road, remember one lane in a coach bus makes for very tight turns!


Rain makes big waterfalls!


The bridge across the waterfall, a roman arch is memory serves me correctly.


The one lane on the bridge, not much room...


view from the bottom, you can just barely see the bridge.


Me at the bottom, after having conquered Trollstigen!

Yah I know, pretty cool right!

1 comment: