Tuesday 1 June 2010

Jet Lag :(



So as if a day and a have of travel time wasn't long enough, I was introduced to something else which also seemed to extend time... jet lag.

Because I the longest time change I had experienced until now was 2 hours, I figured an 8 hour change wouldn't be that bad, you know, just like pulling an all nighter and then everything is good. Well, I was wrong. Having only slept about 4 hours on the transaltantic and then another hour getting to Trondheim, I was pretty tired to start with. Getting there at 3 in the afternoon translates to about 8 in the morning in Edmonton. I met with my boss, got taken around town, the workplace, and my student housing, and didn't get back to about nine pm.

Having been tired when arriving, I was now pretty awake (being only 2 pm in Edmonton) but supposed to go to sleep. And what is it like sleeping in Trondheim? Bright!
This is at about 9pm.


And here is 3 am, not very dark now is it?

Now, not having a pillow aside, one sleep isn't enough to get over the time change. I felt great getting up, but at about 2pm, just died, because I did not have a good nights sleep, I had a mid afternoon nap. Now repeat cycle for 3 days :)


1 comment:

  1. Jet lag is the worst! Australia is 16 hours off. I had no idea what time of day it was for about a week and a half.

    ReplyDelete