Wednesday 2 June 2010

Small cars, Elevators, and Money


So heres a little bit about things that really stick out about Trondheim. For one is the abundance of small cars. Take the Honda Civic for example, a popular car among Asians and Corey. Here in Norway (and I assume the rest of Europe) they've got their own model, its a little smaller than a yaris (ya pretty stupid small).

For those cars that are of average size in Canada, I've learned that they have this thing they like to call 100% tax, effectivly doubling the price of a car. I was told that an Escalade that I saw probably cost 750 000 Kroner, or about 125 000 dollars, holly crap! But the bus is expensive, so every bikes.

Now I'd like to mention the elevator I take every day. Below is a picture of a door, a regular door with a handle and a little window. Behind such a door, one would expect to find a room, maybe a hallway. But this door is special, through it lies an elevator! Who designed this! To further add to this oddity is the regular elevator right next to it!

The money here is pretty cool, I could do without the cute change in size with worth, because when you get down to a fifty, its the size of monopoly money, even though its still worth 10 bucks. I've also put stacks of equivalent Canadian and American (thanks Sherri, I'll let you know that I bought a nice chicken salad and latte in Philadelphia) just for fun cause I had it on hand. I also got an advance on my first pay so I threw that in there for fun. Look how much it is!!

And now I wanna talk about cat food... well not really, but the adds are hilarious, and they are everywhere, I guess there are a lot of cats in Trondheim!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures from your hike Darcy! It is great to hear about all the differences in Norway and things that we would find interesting.
    Are you working with any other people from abroad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAHAHAHAHA i love the cat food!!!! So funny.

    ReplyDelete